Date(s) - 26/05/2017 - 28/05/2017
Event ID - 377 -> use this as Tag when writing posts related to this tournament (for example the one with the results).
Dixiecon diplomacy tournament history starts from 1987. Don’t miss it this year in may.
The tournament is held at Granville Towers, a private dorm adjacent to the UNC campus, and directly on the main business street in Chapel Hill, Franklin Street. The rooms can be single or double occupancy. Two rooms share a bathroom in the middle. These are fairly nice dorm rooms, but do not expect hotel amenities. At $35 per night to share a room, and $70 per night for your own room, the premium is on value instead of comfort. After all, how much do you REALLY want to stay in your room at Dixiecon?
The Hampton Inn in Carrboro is a very close drive, or a fairly long walk. There are also several other hotels within a short drive if you wish to avoid the dorm. The Red Roof in Durham is a popular alternative, or you can try the pricey but spiffy Carolina Inn right on campus.
FRIDAY, MAY 26, 2016
- Whenever to 6pm – Open Gaming for Early Arrivals
- 6pm to Whenever – Diplomacy Round One
- 6pm to Whenever – Iron Man Tournament Begins
SATURDAY, MAY 27, 2016
- 9:30am to 5pm – Diplomacy Round Two (and Team Tournament)
- 9:30am to 5pm – Iron Man Tournament Continues
- 5pm to 6pm – Barbeque Supper
- 6pm to Whenever – Open Gaming and Iron Man Continues
SUNDAY, MAY 28, 2017
- 9:30am – Diplomacy Round Three Begins
- 4pm to 6pm – Diplomacy Round Three Ends
- 9:30am to 2pm – Final Iron Man Tournament Games
- After Dip Round – Awards Ceremony
- After Awards Ceremony – Adjourn to Supper Debriefing
- After Supper Debrief – Open Gaming until Morning
For more details and to register visit the web site